Support Care Resources
Support Care Resources is a free training program that empowers you to manage your in-home care services and become a successful employer.
Live as independently as possible while understanding your role, rights and responsibilities as chief decision maker of your support plan.
Our team provides the tools, resources and training to help promote a thriving work relationship between you and the people you employ to provide in-home care. Covered topics of the program include:
- Finding and interviewing potential employees
- Hiring processes
- Training and managing employees
- Addressing problems
- Creating and maintaining personal boundaries
How Does it Work?
Support Care Resources is a voluntary program for those approved to receive state-funded home care services. Your case manager, personal agent or services coordinator can make a referral on your behalf. You can also choose to make a self-referral.
Once approved, you’ll sit down with an Abilitree consultant to discuss your needs and goals. We’ll provide printed materials, training guides and resource sheets as well as personalized practice sessions (such as mock interviews) to build your communication skills.
What can I expect?
You’ll receive tools, customized support and a boost of positivity to create a successful working relationship with your home care or personal support employee.
- A comprehensive training guide dives into specific topics such as:
- Understanding and effectively communicating your needs
- Creating job descriptions and finding the right employees
- Developing interviewing skills
- Keeping accurate records
- Avoiding fraud and abuse
- Establishing a back-up plan
Gain the confidence necessary to successfully manage your care, set achievable goals and live more independently.