Apply for Social Security
Social Security disability is a complex and intimidating system to navigate.
Abilitree’s team of experts can ease the stress and confusion of paperwork and provide you with the information and advocacy you need to obtain your benefits. We’ll walk you through the various steps of the Social Security disability benefits process, from the initial application to the hearing and appeal (if necessary).
Our service is available to people whose physical or mental disabilities interfere with their ability to sustain full-time employment.
How does it work?
- We act as the liaison between you and the Social Security disability system and address your concerns with clear, actionable steps. We’ll meet with you in-person, order and review your medical records, and correspond with Social Security disability and medical providers on your behalf.
- We will assist with all paperwork involved in filing for Social Security disability benefits.
- You do not have to pay for your medical records. As a nonprofit organization, Abilitree can request them without incurring costs that are typically passed on to the consumer.
What can I expect?
- Abilitree will prepare your case and represent you at the hearing.
- Once you appoint Abilitree as your advocate and representative, you no longer need to deal with Social Security disability directly. All correspondence goes through Abilitree.
- If we are successful in obtaining benefits and there is a back-payment awarded to you, Abilitree will receive 25% of the payment or $6000, whichever is less. If we are unsuccessful in obtaining benefits, you owe nothing. The national average of “wins” is 44%. Abilitree’s average is 86%.
- This process takes time. Social Security disability is currently backlogged, and the process can take up to two years.