Job Coach Position - Redmond, Oregon
Abilitree works to match people with disabilities to gainful employment opportunities. We're looking for job coaches who will work with our clients and help them learn job skills, communicate employer's expectations and reinforce excellent work habits.
Part-time, starting at $13.00/hour
FLSA Classification: Non Exempt
Reports to: Community Employment Manager
Job Coaches provide support for clients’ work performance to ensure the required job tasks are completed to the employer’s standards. They must be knowledgeable and capable of working with the designated client in the specific work environment. It is essential that the job coach has information on the client’s Individual Support Plan, (ISP), Discovery profile and any behavior plan. Job coaching service may also include job-related tasks such as basic work etiquette, job-related time management, hygiene, organization, task analysis, self-advocacy and disclosure. It is the responsibility of the Job Coach to accurately document the daily progress by the client.
Standards and Expectations
• Facilitate a professional environment for our clients and staff through appropriate and professional communication with all visitors. Maintain professional boundaries at all times and consult management with any concerns, as needed
• Maintain strict confidentiality of the organization’s financials, personnel related information, and client records. Strict adherence to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards and laws
• Exhibit genuine concern for consumers and always conducts oneself appropriately and professionally
• Demonstrate respect and sensitivity for cultural differences
• Function as a team leader and role model for other staff; exhibit confidence in self and in others
• Deliver consistent, professional, and effective service to all participants in a way that is congruent with IL philosophy
• Utilize person-centered language when speaking to or about Abilitree consumers
• Proactively identify problems, troubleshoot, and problem solve in one-on-one and group settings.
• Demonstrate a clear commitment to improving all aspects of Abilitree
• Demonstrate a clear commitment to good communication, including giving and asking for feedback.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide necessary prompts, behavioral supports, and natural supports for long term success
• Communicate with the employer to create a positive working environment for the participant
• Assist with on-boarding activities defined as necessary such as attending new-hire training, developing strategies to ensure comprehension of new-hire expectations, one-on-one review and study of employee manuals and job related materials
• Communicate with the Job Coach Administrative Specialist by preparing forms and reports related to placement activities
• Document daily job performance
• Accurately record client’s progress towards meeting their employment goals
• Communicate regularly with the employment specialist any issues with the client
• Attend to the client’s physical needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a variety of work environments.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts, occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, occasionally exposed to vibrations
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can become loud.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus.
• First Aid, CPR, AED (Must be completed or scheduled)
• Complete Job Coach Training Program within 90 days of hire.
• Internet Browser, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Windows Operating System
Closing date: 11/25/17
Email your resume to Peter Gunby, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com and include your answers to the following questions in the body of the email:
1. Describe any experience you have being a caregiver or working with someone who experiences a disability.
2. Describe any experience you have teaching someone a skill or a task.
3. What is your ideal work schedule?